Oaks & Spokes is growing bicycling community and culture in Raleigh. We support bicycling as a viable mode of transportation and intend to leave a lingering impact through outreach, collaboration, and making real change within our city.
- We are an all-volunteer board composed of 9 individuals who live in and/or work in Raleigh, NC.
- We host and promote cycling related events in and around Downtown Raleigh. These events are almost always free and intended for any and all types of people who ride bikes.
- We facilitate innovative projects like Bicycle Repair Stations, Bicycle Corral Parking, and are always working on new ideas!
- We have held an annual festival each spring since March 2013 through collaborations with people and businesses in the city. The first Oaks and Spokes Festival occurred March 2013 and had over 1,200 participants.
- We work toward better facilities and changes to policies that affect the ability to safely and efficiently ride a bicycle in Raleigh and in North Carolina. We keep a keen eye on bicycle planning in Raleigh.